Runcorn Hill Park is located off Highlands Road and has not always been the quiet natural place that it is today. From 1734 it was a busy, noisy sandstone quarry producing the stone for building works as far apart as Liverpool Cathedral and New York Harbour.
The park hosts an impressive array of facilities for visitors offering good parking, comprehensive play facilities; bowling and putting greens; model boating lake; floodlit tennis and a basketball ring. Recently the old bandstand was re-introduced and hosts a number of musical events and activities throughout the summer.
Runcorn Hill Park holds the coveted Green Flag Award, which is a quality mark administered by Keep Britain Tidy. This national standard for parks and green spaces is a key component of the Government’s commitment to create cleaner, safer and greener communities.